We love cooking on our new Kadai fire, and hope you will to.
to help you on our way we have some tried and tested recipes here kindly supplied by our friends at kadai.co.uk who we bought our wonderful recycled fire from. They do mail order so if you love it us much as us, you can order one when you get home from your relaxing stay.
COCONUT AND LENTIL CURRY – SERVES 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 carrots – chopped finely
- 2 parsnips – peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 125ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g tin drained green lentils
- 4 handfuls leaf spinach (or half a tin if that’s what you have to hand)
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in the Kadai Cooking Bowl over a medium hot heat.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and curry paste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled raise the cooking bowl on the tripod to allow it to simmer for 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the lentils – season with salt to taste.
- Add the spinach and chopped fresh coriander – ensure it is piping hot before serving.
Nan or chapatti bread goes well with this recipe.
BASQUE CHICKEN – SERVES 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 red peppers – sliced in strips
- 2 green peppers – sliced in strips
- 3 onions- chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 kg tomatoes – chopped (preferably fresh but tinned is ok too)
- 1 whole chicken cut into 6 pieces (removing skin is optional)
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- 150 ml white wine / mixed dried herbs / pinch of cayenne pepper
- Extra chicken stock to hand if the dish reduces
- In your Kadai Cooking Bowl, heat 2 tbsp olive oil – cook the onions and bell peppers for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer on low to medium heat for 20 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put to one side.
- In 2 tbsp of hot oil, brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Add in the tomato sauce, along with the wine, herbs and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with a piece of foil and simmer for approx. 30 mins.
- Ensure chicken is cooked through before serving.
Serve with rice or bread.
We recommend a nice Cotes du Rhone wine with this dish.
More recipes can be found at Kadai.co.uk